Wednesday, 18 May 2016

Evaluation of The Easter Gig

On the ......., my group and I performed Never Forget You - MNEK ft Zara Larson, a mash up of Say My Name - Destiny's Child and Drunk Texting - Chris Brown. We also performed an original.

We had started with the original and because we were the last group to perform, certain equipment wasn't in the right place. for example, the pedal was attached to the FP4 on the other side of the stage so I had to walk across the stage which didn't look nice. I think it would of been better if the singers would of engaged with the audience. Watching it back, the music didn't sound empty, but the way we set ourselves looked very empty so I think for next time we need to think more about our stage plan.
In the beginning of the song, I had connected the pedal to the wrong hole which changed the way the pedal worked. Next time I need to double check that I have connect everything properly. Also, the personal monitor that I used wasn't turned up load enough so I couldn't hear myself but I managed to change that in the small break we had in between songs.

The second song that we performed was Say My Name/ Drunk Texting. Before the song started, Leonie Guitar/ Bass Player had to swap sides because the guitar and bass amp were on two separate sides of the stage so that took more time then I would of liked it to be. Also, I think the group could of come up with a signal to let people know when they're ready because this would avoid starting then stopping because someone isn't ready. Since the band before us used the TC Helicon, it created problem for one of our singers which was't intended. So one of the members of the previous band had to come on stage and sort out it out since we didn't know how to use it. I think we weren't at fault, however I think that it could of been dealt with differently. I think for next time during sound check we should make sure that the levels are correct and to maybe ask the group before what they had done and make a note so we know how to change it to home we need it. 
For the beginning, we used logic and a midi keyboard for samples from the song Drunk Texting which is heard in the beginning of the original song. At the time, I thought it was fine because everything from where I was standing. However, when watching it back, you couldn't hear the sample that was played in the beginning. Also, I realised when watching it back, lower end of keyboard wasn't loud enough. Because of this, it was sounded liked something was missing.

For our final song, we performed Never Forget You. When performing the song it sounded good from where I standing. However, when we finished the song, we realised that the backing tracking wasn't playing and only the click track which was only heard for the drummer. We don't know why it wasn't played since we had used it before hand but it wasn't noticeable that there was something missing. Also, when watching it back, I realised my fingers tend to slip when playing a melody or chords. So for next time, I need work on my accuracy when playing.

Overall, I think our set went very considering the technical difficulties that we had.








No comments:

Post a Comment