Monday, 13 June 2016
Weekly Solo Set & Rehearsal Diary - Week 3
My targets for this week is to learn more of Ah Feeling and to play the run at normal speed and to learn the chorus of the song. For Bella's Lullaby, I need to work on the dynamics of the song.
On Thursday, I went through what I had learnt so far and asked other members from my section for clarification on some parts of the verse. I also took my pan to quiet room with two other people to practice on certain phrasing of the song. As a band, we learnt the chorus and outro of the song. Because we had learnt the whole song, we kept running through it to remember the structure and phrasing of the song.
When I was practising Bella's lullaby, I listened to the original to see what dynamics were used. In the second verse, it was played louder than the previous but a decrescendo was used towards the end of the verse. I also notice that there was a gradual crescendo on the last chorus. I then used this but I also added more dynamics for example, staccato where it seemed fit.
For next week, I want to be able to play both songs correctly with the changes that I may have made.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment