Monday, 13 June 2016

Weekly Solo Set & Rehearsal Diary - Week 2

My targets for this week is to play the run fluently but slowly and for Bella's Lullaby, to play the pre chorus fluently. 

On Thursday, I went to practice the whole introduction because I thought it might of been easier to go into the run then just to start at the beginning of the run. So, I worked through the intro slowly and go into the run. This method worked but only when I did it slowly, so I worked more on the run itself. I kept repeating the run over and over again. Only when I done it right, then I would get faster. We also moved on to learn the verse of the song. As a band, we did drills which is to keep going over a certain section of the son. This really did help me increase my pace when playing the run.

When practising Bella's lullaby, I slowly went through the pre chorus and worked my way through correctly. Only then, I continued on with the song and when I made mistakes I would start again.

Next week, I would like to play the run to the correct speed and learn the next part of the song. For Bella's Lullaby, I would like to play it correctly and work on dynamics.

No comments:

Post a Comment