Wednesday, 15 June 2016

Evaluation of the Winter Gig


On the 17th of December, level 2 and 3 Music Performance students performed for the Winter Gig to an audience of performing arts students. 

We performed in room 139 which is a smaller room then the theatre so this made it have a different type of atmosphere then it did for the induction gig. By being in room 139, when I wasn't performing, I felt more engaged with the performers as I was more closer to them. Also, it was easier to get the audiences attention. However, because of being in a small room, it was hard to get to the stage when you was needed to perform which made the time in between songs longer then I hoped it would of been. 
During the time between songs, we lost some peoples attention which was then gained back again when the next group performed. At some times, people were distracted by talking to their friends outside of the class which at one point made them forget that they were meant to be performing next. This made it slightly awkward for the group and looked unprofessional as everyone was ready and on stage. It got to the point where we had to call the persons name. I think this may be because people weren't paying attention and there was a lack of being pro active to find out when and what you was performing. I think for next time, we should all stay in one area so it will be easier to go on and off the stage. 

I feel like the songs I performed on piano went well due to the practice I had done before hand individually and also in with my groups. Some endings to the song didn't go according to plan. For example, one member in our group didn't sing her verse to the song. I think this happened because of the lack of attendance to group rehearsals. Next time, we should keep members that are absent up to date of what we had done in the last rehearsal to avoid this problem 




No comments:

Post a Comment