Taylor Swift performed at London's famous O2 Arena for 5 days, all of which were sold out. I had gone to see her Red Tour with The Vamps as her supporting act.
Before Taylor came on stage, The Vamps performed. When they first came on stage, they told the crowd who they were and told a story of how they manage to become Taylor's support act while they setting up. I like the way they did this because it took the attention away from what was happening behind them.
Taylor gave a very visual performance from charging through the crowd to being 30ft over the audience. I liked the way she did this because she used audience participation, which made you feel apart of the experience.
During the breaks in between song, weather it is an outfit change or just a change of song, you never had a moment of being bored. Taylor would talk to the audience and ask questions like "How are you feeling, London?" that would get a good reaction out of the audience. She would also talk about her writing process of the song she's about to sing, which would you give insight of why and how she wrote the song. I liked this because I felt like it gave me more of an understanding about what her song was about and let me pay more attention to the lyrics.While Taylor was having a costume change, we watched a video montage of photos and family videos of Taylor's life so far and key moments until the age 22. It felt like we had also been on the journey along with her which made us feel even more engaged.
During the breaks in between song, weather it is an outfit change or just a change of song, you never had a moment of being bored. Taylor would talk to the audience and ask questions like "How are you feeling, London?" that would get a good reaction out of the audience. She would also talk about her writing process of the song she's about to sing, which would you give insight of why and how she wrote the song. I liked this because I felt like it gave me more of an understanding about what her song was about and let me pay more attention to the lyrics.While Taylor was having a costume change, we watched a video montage of photos and family videos of Taylor's life so far and key moments until the age 22. It felt like we had also been on the journey along with her which made us feel even more engaged.
Taylor Swift started and ended with a bang. However, she did take it down a notch by performing her well know songs from previous albums like Love Story. I like the way she did this because it was a sudden change from jumping up and down to waving your lights. It gave us time to remember her old songs even though we're at a concert for her most recent album.
Even though Taylor Swift is not the best dancer, I felt as if I was watching a performance not just someone singing on a stage. From the back up dancers, to the light show, it felt like more of an experience then a concert.
No comments:
Post a Comment