Thursday, 11 February 2016

RESUBMISSION - Analysis on Talking Book Reviews


Rolling Stone  - In this review, the person is main comparing Talking Book to the previous                              album Stevie Wonder released. The phrase "many ways a reprise with variations" tells us that this person feels like there has only been a small difference between the two albums. He then goes on to talk about individual songs within the album and what he thought each song portrayed with a small analysis of what instruments were used.
I liked the way the review was written. However, I felt as if it was more of a comparison to the previous album.

Pop Matters -  This review is in a style of a conversation many years after the album had                               been released. Mendelsohn comments about this being 'the end of our time with Stevie Wonder' which could mean that he felt that this album marked the highlight of the good music that Stevie Wonder made. They went on to talk about the different styles each of the songs used and weather they liked the way Stevie did this. I like the way this review was written because it gave you sense of you being involved with their conversation and I also like that they had hints of sarcasm while speaking to each other because it made it less of a view and more of a casual conversation between two friends.

New Statesman -  In this review, the reviewer talks about how successful the album is and was when released and also how some individual songs became more famous as the album got older. He then goes to analyse a couple of songs, describing what instruments were used and what impact they had on the song. He also talks about what dynamics were used and what effect this gave on the listener. I like this review because even though it was from his point of view, it was very informative.



No comments:

Post a Comment