Wednesday, 2 December 2015

RESUBMISSION - Weekly Diary 16.11.15

Monday 16th November,
                                         It has now been my third lesson in remixing/re-arranging class and we have now moved on to Stevie Wonder's, Superstition. we had learnt what to change or add to the song to make it sound more original or different. I have added a four chord progression and changed the bass so it doesn't revolve around one note. 

In song writing, we had moved into new groups and had to write a song with the theme of protest songs. From writing my own songs, I knew how to easily create a four chord progression. Before hand, I had worked out a numerous amount of four chord progressions so we won't spend most of our time trying to find out what chords to use.


In my instrumental lessons with Bill, we work on with arpeggios over one and two octaves in the key of C to help on my fluidity which broken chords. While doing this, we also worked on my technique of playing arpeggios. For example, we change from staccato to legato to widen my use of dynamics while playing piano.   



No comments:

Post a Comment