Saturday, 28 November 2015

RESUBMISSION - Weekly Diary 09.11.15

This week, we didn't have any set targets as it was the first week for the half term holiday. During the holidays, I had practised my groups original song for Song Workshop to change the chords in to inversion to make it easier to play are to change the way it sounds.

On Monday, for band workshop, we hadn't written a bridge for our song which made practice with the group hard as we couldn't do a proper run through. With the chords that I had used for the bridge, I was able to help with the melody line by using the scale of the key that we used. We manage to write the bridge and kept practising it until it was time to perform it. The song was good as it has everything a pop song needs but we could of used our time more productively and to not scrap something every week.

On Friday, I had an instrumental lesson in the morning. In this lesson, we found areas on which I need to work on to make me a better musician/ pianist. We found out that I need to work on my fluidity while playing broken chords. Doing this could help me with songs that I will be doing in Band Workshop because I could be using broken chords. We also went over the beginning of Moonlight Sonata. Even though this doesn't contribute towards the Decades Project, this helps me broaden the type of music I learn and play on piano. 


No comments:

Post a Comment