EXP Proposal
My Aim - To arrange a medley of 5 Snarky Puppy songs which will be performed at the end of year gig.
For my project, I will be putting together a medley of 5 Snarky Puppy songs. I will be exploring how modern technology affects arrangements. My aim is to successfully arrange these songs and perform it live in the final performance.
I have chosen to focus on this area because I feel like this will be able to extend my knowledge in arrangement and in transcription skills. I picked arrangement because I was Interested in the way songs were structured. I have got my interest from steel pans and from band rehearsals.
I feel that this is relevant because when working in a band and covering songs you need to have some skills in arrangement to make these songs different and individual to the groups sound. I also think that needing transcription skills is relevant because it will become helpful when needing to know what is being played.
I feel that this is relevant because when working in a band and covering songs you need to have some skills in arrangement to make these songs different and individual to the groups sound. I also think that needing transcription skills is relevant because it will become helpful when needing to know what is being played.
- Areas of research
My areas of research are how modern technology affects arrangement and transcription skills. I would find this research from doing practical research such as band practices or individual practices and also online and in books.
- Methodology
My overall aim is to perform my arrangement. I will do this by either;
Do pre production on Logic - transcribe and arrange first then learn from the logic file I would of given the musicians beforehand.
Live arrangement - transcribe everything first on logic then to do a live arrangements during practices so this would mean that I would give the players the music beforehand and make the arrangement as I go along
Create a sound world with instruments - i would create the exact sound on each individual instrument that I would want to use then learn the songs by ear during practices
- Timeline
Monday
|
Tuesday
|
Wednesday
|
Thursday
|
Friday
| |
WEEK 1
27th Feb – 6th March
|
Proposal
| ||||
WEEK 2
6th March – 10th March
|
Transcribing Lingus
|
Possibly teach some content
| |||
WEEK 3
13th March – 17th March
|
Transcribing Outlier
| ||||
WEEK 4
20th March – 24th March
|
Transcribing Celebrity
| ||||
WEEK 5
27th March – 31st March
|
MARKING WEEK
Transcribing Shofukan
|
MARKING WEEK
|
MARKING WEEK
|
East Kent College/ ICMP Visit
|
MARKING WEEK
|
WEEK 6
3rd April – 7th April
|
SPRING BREAK
Transcribing What About Me
|
SPRING BREAK
|
SPRING BREAK
|
SPRING BREAK
|
SPRING BREAK
|
WEEK 7
10th April – 14th April
|
SPRING BREAK
Reaserch
|
SPRING BREAK
|
SPRING BREAK
|
SPRING BREAK
|
SPRING BREAK
|
WEEK 8
17th April – 21st April
|
SPRING BREAK
Make the arrangement
|
SPRING BREAK
| |||
WEEK 9
24th April – 28th April
|
Give the logic files/ scores to each musician
| ||||
WEEK 10
1st May - 5th May
|
BANK HOLIDAY
|
Rehearsal of Lingus
|
Rehearsal of What About Me
| ||
WEEK 11
8th May - 12th May
|
Rehearsal of Celebrity
|
Rehearsal of Shofukan
|
Rehearsal of Outlier
| ||
WEEK 12
15th May - 19th May
|
PRO SHOWS
|
PRO SHOWS
|
Run through
| ||
WEEK 13
22nd May - 26 th May
|
L2 MUSIC SHOW
|
L3 YR1 MUSIC SHOW
|
L3 YR2 MUSIC SHOW
|
No comments:
Post a Comment